Charitable Giving
CALGARY, Alberta, Canada


Supporting educational and commemorative projects and student learning about Ukrainian and Ukrainian Canadian issues, UCCLF strives to encourage the study of important themes such as Canada's first national internment operations, the Great Famine of 1932-33 in Soviet Ukraine (the Holodomor), Ukrainian Canadian participation in Canada's wars and Ukraine's place in Europe. Providing grants in support of the publication of educational materials, organizing student and teacher symposia and encouraging archival research, film-making and the preparation of finding aids and documentary collections on Ukrainian and Ukrainian-Canadian themes, UCCLF has played a leading role in making such materials available to students, educators, parents and the general public, as well as awarding scholarships and grants for students from the high school to post-graduate level. Working with other groups, the UCCLF has also placed historical markers, statues and plaques across Canada and internationally, recalling historical events such as the internment operations and Holodomor as well as individuals including Corporal Filip Konowal, VC; the Welsh journalist, Gareth Jones; and Dr. Raphael Lemkin, the "father of the UN Genocide Convention."

Make a donation

Close circle Icon

Charitable Giving Account (CGA)

You can donate to this charity using your CGA. You have <span>{balance}</span> to use for donations. To find out, <a href="#">check your coverage</a> or chat with us.

How it works

During checkout: Choose your CGA to make a donation at checkout.

Submitting claims: You don’t need to submit a claim.

Using this benefit

Give back to your community with a contribution from your CGA. You can use this account to support any of the charitable causes featured in League’s Lifemarket.

Good to know: You won’t receive a tax receipt for CGA donations, as these funds have been provided by your employer and are tax-free.

Translation missing: en.products.exceptions_title If you split a donation using your CGA and your LSA or credit card, you’ll get a tax receipt for the non-CGA amount.